Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sweet Potato Chips

I LOVE sweet potatoes. 
They are primal and so delicious. 
I could eat them every day for every meal if my husband let me.
You can make them sweet or a little savory depending on your mood!

One of my favorite snacks are sweet potato chips.
They are super simple and super tasty!
In fact, I just had some this afternoon.


You will need:

1-2 sweet potatoes
olive oil
sea salt

Directions:

Turn your oven to 425 degrees
Place tin foil over a baking sheet
Wash off 1-2 sweet potatoes and dry
Slice the width of the potatoes into about 1/4" thick pieces
Spread out onto baking sheet {do not overlap}
Drizzle olive oil on sweet potatoes and sprinkle sea salt
Mix together using your hands {I usually rub each side of the sweet potato ensuring it gets an even amount of olive oil and sea salt}
Place baking sheet in oven and cook for 8-10 min 
Flip sweet potatoes with tongs or spatula and cook for another 8-10 min
Let cool and then eat!

*These chips will come out crispy on the edges and soft in the middle. If you'd like your chips more firm/crispy, leave in oven for a couple minutes longer on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment