Friday, August 2, 2013

Fit Friday

I apologize, I have been MIA this week, folks! {due to visitors and an upset stomach} 
So, I'll leave you with an easy home WOD that my brother and I did the other day {after my stomach calmed down-too many nutty bars during the weekend, perhaps? I try to live a little;)} 

Here it is:

For Time

100 Burpees

Do you remember how to do a burpee? This will jog your memory:


FYI: you do not have to do a muscle up at the end ;) 

A couple tips... those of you with long legs {like me} spread your legs when you go into the push-up to reduce the amount of length you have to move your body to and from as well as time taken to do so. Another tip, bring your hands behind your head and clap when you jump up from the push-up to extend your abdominal muscles creating a contraction in your abs.

A quick review on the primal blueprint pyramid...


The majority of your food should come from saturated fats and vegetables. This gives your body healthy fats to store and burn {when needed} for energy as well as nutrients and carbohydrates.
I remember talking to a Nurse Practitioner who I used to work with about 'The Primal Blueprint'. She exclaimed about not eating grains/wheat, "But you need carbs!" I explained to her yes that is true, but do vegetables not have carbs? We can find other healthier sources for carbs. But in the end, it's really animal fat that our body rather store and burn for energy.

Here is what I had for breakfast the other morning!


Saturated fats, vegetables, and healthy fats :) and SO delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment