Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tuna Salad

Growing up, I was never a fan of tuna salad. I think part of it was the mayo used {Miracle Whip = 2 big thumbs down} but as I've grown up my taste buds have changed. It also helps that the recipe below doesn't include mayo AND it's also pretty tasty ;)
By the way, I do like mayo now, but I'm a huge fan of paleo mayo. It tastes so much better and you can add different herbs/spices to make it even more flavorful! 




Ingredients: {servings 2}
  • 5 oz can of tuna {ensure ingredients are clean and contain only tuna and olive oil}
  • 1/2 of a small avocado 
  • 1/4 cup red onion, minced
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1 celery stick, diced finely
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and enjoy it on top of salads, in lettuce wraps, or all on its own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment