Thursday, May 5, 2016

Maintaining the Primal Lifestyle


and T H A N K  Y O U for participating!

Now that you have completed 3 weeks of BEing strictly primal, here is how you can maintain this lifestyle in order to live the healthiest life possible. BUT, if you are still not at your goal weight, then please adhere to my program before you wander off into this 80/20 rule. And, no, 80/20 does not mean eat cookies 20% of the time and eat primally 80% of the time;) So, listen up...

The 80/20 Rule

After you have hit your weight loss/health goal from living the primal lifestyle {so for those of you who have not yet hit your goal, continue the challenge until then} then consider the 80/20 rule which is to have a 100% personal commitment in the primal lifestyle plan with 80% or more physical commitment to the plan.

This doesn't mean on a daily basis to eat primally 80% of the time and the other 20% like a typical american! You will definitely not succeed this way. It means, to look at the bigger picture. Look at a month's worth of your primal lifestyle and if you're living primally 80% of the time, then you're going to sustain health/wellness. Don't beat yourself up over the 20%! It's neither healthy to be strict/hard on ourselves and let ourselves go little by little until we fall down the slippery slope {this is very easy to do!}

However, there is one thing to be fully committed on in order to have the primal benefits, which is to avoid processed carbohydrates at all costs!

Here is an excerpt from

That said, some aspects of the Blueprint do call for consistent adherence in the interest of meaningful impact. Particular among these is avoidance of processed carbs. The fact is, the physiological effects of processed carbs simply are harsher and harder to recover from – especially when they’re a regular player in the body’s daily functioning. It’s not that your body can’t bounce back. It’s just an unnecessary detour in your progress – a diversion and interruption (albeit temporary) in the physiological homeostasis that maximizes hormonal balance, fat burning and energy consistency.

Read more:

Even I feel these effects if I indulge during the holiday's or a birthday. I literally will feel sick to my stomach, have a pounding headache, bloating around my abdomen, and a foggy mind. At some point, you won't want to go back! And, I guarantee that tomorrow if you decide to try a slice of pizza, a cookie, etc. you will feel the immediate effects. This is your body telling you that these foods play a negative role and should be avoided.

This is my before/after picture from my previous challenge and, honestly, before that challenge I had only indulged a few times! But, it's true that processed carbs can get us off track as evidenced below...

Again, look over the course of a months time and if you are eating primally 80% of the time while avoiding processed carbs, consider yourself PRIMAL:)

Good luck on the continuation of this lifestyle and remember to BEprimal!