Sunday, July 28, 2013

Guest Post

Here is the guest post, as promised:) 

My name is Shelli and I'm Briana's younger sister. At the beginning of her blog she told you of her journey with the primal lifestyle and what a difference it has made for her. Well, I was on the sidelines watching the changes and decided to try it as well. But first, a little background... 

I'm nothing like Briana. I was effected by the normal american diet with stomach issues, depression, and being over weight. All through life I believed it was normal for my stomach to feel upset at least once a day or every other day. That is what it had been like for as long as I can remember. Also, when I got stressed I would have shooting pains and ulcer-like symptoms. Probably the most affected aspect was that I had been conscious of my weight since I was in third grade. I even remember the day that I came home from school and asked my mom why I was fat. I even said "fat"! I had asked this because several kids had asked me. I didn't have an answer. Neither did my mom, honestly. Lastly, I had episodes of depression throughout my life. Some mild and some pretty drastic. Mild consisted of little interest in anything and other times drastic to the point where I couldn't find a reason to get out of bed and wanted to avoid people completely. I hated anything and everything and would get upset over a butterfly. The butterfly's not true, but you get the picture! 

Now and then I would go on a run with Briana. After a while it became an outlet for me as it did for her. I also loved being outside: hiking, riding horses... anything and everything outside sounded good to me. I was active and also ate just like everyone else, so why was I so physically different? 

Then, Briana told me about 'The Primal Blueprint' and the 21 day challenge. It made perfect sense! I jumped into the challenge within the next week and my stomach felt completely different by the second day. It had not even made a peep nor did I feel gross... nothing. By the end of the first week, my body was looking different, too. The bloating was gone and I lost at least 5 pounds. By the end of the second week, I was a very different person and by the end of the 21 day challenge my results were phenomenal. It was night and day! I wasn't in my constant haze, I felt awake and alert all day! Overall, I was happy and my body seemed to handle life stressors as I was giving it the nutrients it needed. All of my clothes were fitting loosely. I am now never worried about how things fit on me. I feel okay about trying on new clothes and I am now a size 7 from a size 12! 

Needless to say, I love this way of live. It makes my body happy and it makes me overall happy! It can be difficult now and again as I am a college student, but I can actually tell those kids in third grade now why I was "fat". I also understand what it takes to make and keep a healthy body and mind. 

Here is my before and after picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment