Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hero WOD

"Hotshots 19" Hero WOD

On Saturday 31st, we did a Hero WOD {like many other Crossfit affiliates} to honor the Prescott Granite Mountain Hotshots who lost their lives on 6/30/13 fighting the Yarnell Hill fire and to donate to the families left behind. 

 {Post WOD pic of the 9am group-boy, was it rough!}

It was special for me to do this WOD because Prescott, AZ, is my hometown, I went to high school with some of these fallen men, and we worked out at the same gym {Captain Crossfit}.
I walked in that morning with my Captain Crossfit tank on, wrist band, and an attitude of "I'm going to kill this WOD!"
For me, I did because I gave it everything I had.

 {Post WOD for the 12pm group. One of my favorite all time coaches, Chris, is fourth in from the left!}

At Captain Crossfit in Prescott, AZ, many top Crossfit athletes attended the filmed event, such as Crossfit Games winner, Rich Froning. Also, one of my best friends, Amber, drove up from Mesa to do the WOD :) Love that girl! She is amazing.

Here is some footage of the event...


This short film makes me want to cry. I know, I'm a big baby!

This was a tragic occurrence, but I was happy to see my hometown community come together to support the families of these men. I was also impressed to see the Crossfit community come together to honor and support these men and their families. I am grateful to be apart of wonderful communities!


No comments:

Post a Comment