Sunday, February 7, 2016

Paleo Fruit Cobbler

So, I came across a paleo-friendly cobbler recipe recently and had to try it because I'm a sucker for cobblers! 

 {I believe the original recipe came from paleofitnessmama.com, but I tweaked it slightly?}

In this recipe I combined blueberries and peaches. You can use any fresh fruit, but the fresher the fruit/in-season fruit the better. This reminds me of a summer I spent out in West Virginia at my soon-to-be-in-law's house. My soon-to-be-sister-in-law {is this already a confusing story to read? haha my husband and I weren't engaged yet, so this was the easiest way to explain} and I went to a blueberry patch up in the mountains to pick blueberries. 
Oh. My. Gosh.
These were the BEST blueberries I have ever had! And they were GIGANTIC. Some of them the size of my thumb. No joke, I made blueberry cobblers for weeks {non-paleo, of course, this was my pre-primal/paleo days!}


I also love that this was a pretty simple recipe...
 So, without further ado, here is the recipe!


Ingredients: {servings ~7}
  • 7 cups of FRESH fruit {I used 4 cups peaches and 3 cups blueberries}
  • 3-4 Tbsp raw honey
  • 1 Tbsp arrowroot 
  • 1 1/2 cup almond meal
  • 1/4 cup melted butter {REAL butter like kerry gold}
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 Tbsp butter {kerry gold}
  • butter for greasing pie pan
Set oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Mix fruit, honey and arrowroot in a bowl. Then pour into a greased pie pan about 9x9 inch with butter. In another bowl, mix all other ingredients with your hands {except for the 2 Tbsp butter} and then crumble on top of the fruit evenly. Cut up the 2 Tbsp of butter into about 5 chunks and place on top of the crumbles. Place in oven and bake for about 50-60min or until crumbles brown and fruit juices get thick. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment