Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Coconut Lime Fruit Salad

The perfect little side dish to mentally check you out of this winter season and drift you away into a beautiful, tropical paradise dream!


This isn't your typical fruit salad because this flavorful beauty combines a little sweet {all from the fruit} and sour from limes PLUS a little fat from coconut. This all plays nicely with a little bit of tropical fruit, especially fruit that is ripe and in season right now like KIWI and MANGOS :)




Doesn't this make you want to run away to the Bahamas or Hawaii? After making and eating this dish it made me want to pack up my swim suit, flip flops {ahh I miss all my flip flops and sandals!!!}, sunscreen and sunnies and get far, far away from here!


I hope this is the perfect little pick-me-up to get you out of the winter time blues...muah!


Ingredients: {15+ servings}
  • 3 ripe mangos, cubed
  • 2 cups pineapple, cubed {I used canned pineapple, but fresh is better}
  • 1 pint of blueberries
  • 2 cups purple grapes
  • 5 kiwis, peeled and sliced width wise then cut in half
  • 1/2 cup full fat, unsweetened coconut milk
  • zest of 1 lime
  • juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes {optional}
Mix altogether and enjoy! And, in my opinion, it tastes even better after it sits in the fridge over night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment