Sunday, February 21, 2016

Paleo Banana Pancakes

When I have bananas that need to be eaten ASAP, I usually make my paleo pancakes.
They are literally 3 ingredients: bananas, eggs, and cinnamon!


A lot of other paleo pancake recipes out there include various flours i.e. coconut flour or almond flour, but they tend to be harder to flip in the pan and I only like to use those expensive flours for special occasions like birthdays, holidays, etc.
Except for coconut flour, I really, really dislike coconut flour...gag!


But, I love this recipe because it tastes sooo good and it is sooo easy peasy! And you can use fresh or frozen bananas, too. I have taken out frozen bananas from the freezer and warmed them up in the microwave for a minute before mixing all the ingredients together. It works great either way!


Ingredients: {makes about 10 small pancakes}
  • 1 large banana 
  • 2 eggs
  • a dash or two of cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together until combined. You will still have some banana chunks in the batter, but that's okay! Heat up a skillet on medium heat and coat with either olive oil, coconut oil or real butter {i.e. kerry gold irish butter}. Pour batter into hot skillet and let cook until golden brown {about 2-3 minutes} on each side. I like to make my pancakes on the smaller side because you can easily eat them with your hands and they are also easier to flip, but they will still hold good form if you make them larger :) Top with fresh fruit or almond butter or coconut flakes or whatever your heart desires! To me, they are delicious just how they are. Enjoy!

P.S. To make this a COMPLETE primal meal, add some veggies or a green smoothie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment