Sunday, March 6, 2016

Pan Fried Sausage and Greens

Okay, so I have always been a sausage/hotdog loving gal and I know not everyone likes them, so if you are one of those people...keep scrolling!
I even remember growing up one of my little sisters would only eat the outside cornbread from her corndog and then I would finish the hotdog for her :) 
It was quite the perfect plan which satisfied both of us! hahaha!


Now that I am older and wiser, I no longer eat other peoples food ;) AND I eat healthier sausage/hotdog choices because we all know how processed and full of garbage they can be.
They also can have tons of sugar in them, so it is important to read those labels!
What is my favorite brand, you ask?
Applegate.
In fact, in this recipe I used Applegate brand uncured beef hotdogs.
It's nitrite/nitrate free, no antibiotics, no sugar and tasty :)


Add some green veggies and you have yourself a complete meal!
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did.
And you can't beat this simplicity!


Ingredients: {2-3 servings}
  • 3 hotdog or sausage links, sliced diagonaly
  • 1/4 cup white onion, sliced 
  • handful of kale
  • handful of spinach
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil or kerry gold butter
  • sea salt and pepper
Heat up oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add onions and sauté for a couple minutes until translucent. Add hotdog/sausage slices and cook through until they start to brown. Add spinach, kale and season with sea salt/pepper. Cook for about 2 more minutes until greens start to wilt and then take off heat. Serve and season with more sea salt and pepper if needed!


No comments:

Post a Comment