Sunday, September 6, 2015

Welcome to the Primal 21-Day Challenge!

Welcome to my Primal 21-Day Challenge starting Monday, September 14th, 2015! 

My husband and I have been living the primal lifestyle for about 3 years and have not looked back nor had a desire to. It has completely changed our lives for the better and what is incredible about this lifestyle is that it is so easy! The primal lifestyle is not another rebound diet where you lose weight at first or where it's so restricting that you are starving and craving more than usual. No, THIS is a diet with NO pain, NO suffering and minimal effort. I'm here to get you through the first 21 days so that this becomes a habit. I promise that if you adhere to my challenge 100%, you will look and feel better than ever before! You will be on your way to a long, healthy life :)

Q: Briana, why are you doing this challenge for others?
A: When I completed Mark Sisson's 21 day challenge I saw incredible results and my life was changed (read my personal journey HERE)! Since then, I have become passionate about helping others change their lives because I know what works! I know this through my own experience, the experiences of others and through research (which I will share throughout this challenge). Everyone is uniquely beautiful and I want everyone to FEEL this from the inside out :) 

Q: What makes your 21 day challenge different from Mark Sisson's?
A: What makes my challenge different is that I post daily recipes and meal plans. When I did the 21 day challenge a few years ago, I wanted some hand holding. Okay, I really just wanted to be told what to do! This blog will give you hand holding day-by-day by including meal plans, workouts, and other daily 'to do's'. Also, THIS challenge is different from my other challenges because there will be a prize for one lucky participant who adheres to and does well with the challenge! I will send the winner a package full of all my favorite goodies and things to help you continue with this way of life! Still working on the details on what will be included and how you can win the prize, so stay tuned...

Q: So, what am I going to eat?
A: You are going to eat a lot of vegetables and protein, some fruits, nuts, seeds, nut butters, healthy fats and oils, herbs, spices, extracts, supplements and a few sensible indulgences (dark chocolate, red wine). I thought the same thing at first, "okay, but what am I going to eat?" I assure you that everyone I know of or have read about is satisfied and happy with their primal meals! Oh, and so am I ;) Just trust this process and remember I am going to hold your hand!
(From Mark Sisson's 'Primal Blueprint')
A closer look at the primal food pyramid...

Our challenge starts on September 14th and we will focus on adhering to EATING PRIMALLY for the full 21 days, MOVING a lot, SLEEPING well, getting SUNshine, and doing a few WORKOUTS each week (these are short workouts that can be modified if needed). More info will be provided on each of these aspects, but the biggest aspect is eating primally. It does matter what we put in our bodies! Our body composition comes from about 80% of what we eat, so let's train our bodies to be FAT burners instead of CARB burners by eating primally :)

Okay, let's finish up with the TO DO's that need to be completed this week:

1) Email me! If you are planning on participating in this challenge, please email me at beprimalblog@gmail.com before Thursday September 10th, so that I can enter you into the challenge and for the prize (see question #2 above). Just a short email letting me know that "you're in!" Also, put down your name and any questions you may still have, so I can address them before September 14th! Everyone will be kept confidential.

2) Purge your kitchen! Get rid of all processed foods (i.e. cookies, crackers, anything "instant" or with a long shelf life), grains (breads, pastas, rice, oatmeal), sugars, and anything with preservatives. If you read a label and don't know what the ingredient is and/or are unable to pronounce it then it's probably a preservative and you don't want that in your system. I would recommend the entire family engage in this lifestyle for your support, but for those of you with children and/or spouses who will not participate, I suggest keeping their food separate and away from your reach or temptation.

3) Take a before picture! You will also want to take a picture at the end of each week to compare, but especially on the last day of the challenge. When I first did the 21 day challenge I was struggling with hormonal acne. I thought, "what the heck, I'll take a before and after picture of my face to see if this primal lifestyle makes a difference!" And it did :)

This last picture was probably a couple of months afterwards...

4) Go shopping for primal approved foods. On the right hand side of this blog I have my own personal shopping list and snack list---> I will also give more info on what to throw out and what to stock up on this week.
5) Take the quick survey which is also posted on the right hand side of my blog---> 



That's it for now! Email me for further questions at beprimalblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment