Monday, November 23, 2015

Keeping Up With...


this lifestyle.

Congratulations and thank you again to those who participated in my 21 day challenge! If you don't remember, I had talked about how special this November challenge was because I had started my first public 21 day challenge 2 years ago this month :) I have come along way since then and have learned so much. Thank you for all your input and kind words. I don't put all this time and effort in for myself, but for YOU. I now know what it takes to live a long, happy, healthy life and my passion is to help others easily transition into this healthy lifestyle. So, if you found this challenge difficult in some aspects or you have suggestions on how to make it better...PLEASE email me and let me know what I can do better at beprimalblog@gmail.com

Now that you are finished with the 3 weeks of strictly BEing primal...here is how you can keep up with this lifestyle in order to live the healthiest life possible. But, if you are still not at your goal weight, then please adhere to my program until you wander off into this 80/20 rule. And, no, 80/20 does not mean eat cookies 20% of the time and eat primally 80% of the time;) So, listen up...

The 80/20 Rule


After you have hit your weight loss/health goal from living the primal lifestyle {so for those of you who have not yet hit your goal, continue the challenge until then} then consider the 80/20 rule which is to have a 100% personal commitment in the primal lifestyle plan with 80% or more physical commitment to the plan.

This doesn't mean on a daily basis to eat primally 80% of the time and the other 20% like a typical american! You will definitely not succeed this way. It means, to look at the bigger picture. Look at a month's worth of your primal lifestyle and if you're living primally 80% of the time, then you're going to sustain health/wellness. Don't beat yourself up over the 20%! It's neither healthy to be strict/hard on ourselves and let ourselves go little by little until we fall down the slippery slope.

However, there is one thing to be fully committed on in order to have the primal benefits, which is to avoid processed carbohydrates at all costs.

Here is an excerpt from marksdailyapple.com:

That said, some aspects of the Blueprint do call for consistent adherence in the interest of meaningful impact. Particular among these is avoidance of processed carbs. The fact is, the physiological effects of processed carbs simply are harsher and harder to recover from – especially when they’re a regular player in the body’s daily functioning. It’s not that your body can’t bounce back. It’s just an unnecessary detour in your progress – a diversion and interruption (albeit temporary) in the physiological homeostasis that maximizes hormonal balance, fat burning and energy consistency.

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8020-principle/#ixzz2mHEqQv7N


Even I feel these effects if I indulge during the holiday's or a birthday. I literally will feel sick to my stomach, have a pounding headache, bloating around my abdomen, and a foggy mind. At some point, you won't want to go back!

Again, look over the course of months and if you are eating primally 80% of the time while avoiding processed carbs, consider yourself PRIMAL:)

Good luck on the continuation of your primal lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment