Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Thursday - Day 18

Do you follow my instagram {beprimal}? If you do, then you know I have been in Portland, OR, and Vancouver, WA, recently. I went to see family and be with my brother as he prepared for his two year church mission! It was beautiful back there and I was able to get in a lot of beautiful walks...
 {the plane ride over-to pretty not to share!}
 {my squinty face with Mount Hood in the background at Pittock Mansion}
 {the Japanese rose gardens}
{my cute-brother-who-is-leaving-for-two-years and I:)}

Now, let's get back to business! Below I have a guest post for a delicious salmon recipe...


Day 18 Agenda:
  1. Tomorrow's  challenge is to do a movnat workout. Click here!
Meal/Snack Ideas:
Breakfast- scrambled eggs and mushrooms.

Lunch- marinated chicken and avocado salad.
I will need to steal this recipe from my mother's friend, but for the salad we had: mixed greens, avocado, tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives and sunflower seeds. For the dressing my mom mixed up about equal parts of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for the dressing!

Dinner- Salmon Coyhaiquino by Jacob Bluth {BYU college student}
Salmon Coyhaiquino

Ingredients:

  • 2 Cloves garlic
  • 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 Teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 Teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 Teaspoon course ground pepper
  • 1 juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 lb salmon filet
  • Oven set to 375 degrees F
  • Bake time 35-45 minutes
  • In a glass bowl mix together all the ingredients minus the salmon, then cover the salmon with the marinade for an hour, longer if possible. Wrap salmon in aluminum foil and pour remaining marinade over the top of the salmon and continue to wrap in aluminum foil. Place fish in a baking dish and place in oven.

Jacob uses this salmon recipe to make lunches for his upcoming school weeks:
DOCUMENT:
-how you increased your daily movement
-movnat
-relaxation techniques tried
-energy level {POOR, AVERAGE, GREAT}
-satisfaction level with meals
-hunger level between meals
-struggles
-benefits

No comments:

Post a Comment